Handmade Alien Dolls

Handmade Alien Dolls
The grey aliens have landed .. on my windowsill

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

To those dolls who gave their all

During all my initial efforts, I never considered the possible casualties.

I was busy thinking through my one-of-a-kind, original
fabric alien doll design and construction.
Yes, I was creating original cloth and wire designs,
with many various along the way modifications,
and selfishly never considered "at what cost?"

Now some of my handmade alien dolls are ready for their big reveal.
But this trial and error process was only made possible by
the original "crash test dummy" dolls who sacrificed themselves
through various test phases of construction,
helping me balancing substance and style.

These poor babes withstood a fair amount of punishment,
unspeakable mishaps, then removal of those body parts,
just to endure another test application, again.

I felt that those poor, sad gals should receive proper mention,
as they paved the way for all of my future alien dolls,
even if they will never see the light of day ... or the internet.

One moment of silence, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment